Urban Senior Job Program
The Urban Senior Job Program is a Senior Citizen initiative of the National Urban League that is offered locally in Pittsburgh. Our staff works with applicants to hone skills, maintain work-readiness and find appropriate opportunities. The program offers introduction to computer workshops for applicants. The Urban Senior Job Program maintains this pool of qualified workers and ensures that employers can recruit reliable, experienced job seekers. The Urban Senior Job Program provides applicants with opportunities to learn skills and on the job training via placement at non-profit organizations within Pittsburgh.
The Urban Senior Job Program benefits both job seekers and employers in a variety of ways:
- Training Costs. The program pays 100% of the employee’s salary and provides third party workers compensation.
- Train Your Way. On-the-job training is set, controlled and conducted by the employer.
- No-Cost Human Resources Support. Human Resources support is provided for each employee for the first year of hiring.
- Qualified Applicants. The Urban League works with both employers and job seekers to ensure that our applicants meet the requirements sought by organizations that are actively hiring.
- Targeted Applicants. Each applicant will be matched to his or her interests and specific job requirements.
The Urban Senior Job Program is available to those applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Age 55 or older
- Have previous work experience
- Fall into income guidelines
For more information, please call (412) 325-3927.