Founded by the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh, the AAAT is committed to making a difference in education outcomes of African American youth in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The Trust is a team of more than one hundred African American leaders from every sector who volunteer to communicate with and serve students. The AAAT Collective Focus, a work project of the Trust, began at the University Preparatory School in the Hill District and Westinghouse School in Homewood to:
- Improve the academic achievement of 6th -8th grade students through mentoring;
- Improve the graduation rate of 12th grade students with graduation Coaches;
- Support the emotional needs of 6th grade through 12th grade students with mentors and graduation coaches;
- Collaborate with established partnerships in the Hill District and Homewood;
- Increase the numbers of students at both schools who are Promise Ready; and
- Increase the percentage of students who apply to and enroll in post-secondary education.
If you would like to become a Mentor/Coach in the AAAT program, or for more information on the AAAT Collective Focus, please contact Dr. Autumn Moore at email@example.com or 412-227-4199