The Housing Department at the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh accepts rental assistance referrals from the following agencies:
- Eviction Prevention programs for individuals or families. Contact: Allegheny Link 1-866-730-2368
The Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh is not a direct provider. You must contact the agencies above for a referral.
Programs are offered for both families and individuals who are currently homeless, facing eviction, or seeking assistance with moving to a new location.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MEET ELIGIBILITY FOR THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS: (Additionally, eligible participants must meet income guidelines as well.)
- Housing Opportunity Fund (HOF) – Individuals and families with children under 17
- Family Housing Stabilization Program (FHSP) – Families with children under 17
- Housing Assistance Program (HAP)- Individuals with no children.
DOCUMENTS YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
- Lease or letter of intent to rent from the landlord
- Referral from a social service or or government agency verifying state of homelessness
- Current Proof of income for one full month (most recent 30 days)
- Photo ID (cannot be expired)
- Social Security Card
- Birth certificates for all children in the household ages 17 or younger (for HOF)
- Magistrate’s notice or notice of eviction from the landlord (EVICTION PREVENTION)
- Proof of previous payments or payment agreement with landlord (EVICTION PREVENTION)
- 2 pieces of mail for address verification