The spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus threatens communities across the country and millions of people around the globe. In partnership with The National Urban League, the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh encourages everyone to practice all preventative measures outlined by the CDC including, but not limited to:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid making unnecessary contact with your face.
- Wiping down cellular devices, light switches, and common areas in your home with alcohol/bleach-based wipes.
Helpful websites with additional information: